- Convert existing historic shop to form a 3 bed house.
- Speculative development for sale on the open market.
- Listed building in conservation area.
- Existing building had significant structural defects.
- Working within a Tight budget.
SOLUTIONS & SUCCESSES
- A lot of accommodation squeezed into a small space.
- Modern alterations to the original oak structure resulted in considerable structural defects but close collaboration between Cyma and client, structural engineer and builder resulted in good cost effective design solutions.
- First floor structure strengthened by screw fixing plywood over-boarding and insertion of SW walls, screw fixed to act as beams. This negated the need for any steel work.
- Resulting building has a very low environmental impact.
- Sale price of finished house covered original purchase price, construction costs and provided a reasonable profit for the developer.