The brief was for the replacement of an existing poorly constructed annexe with a new oak framed garden room, the creation of a light and airy kitchen and family room and to improve the master bedroom and living room, all to address the garden. The emphasis to be placed on the use of sustainable materials and low energy fittings.
- Overlooking and overshadowing issues needed to be resolved without compromising the brief.
- The materials and design had to be sympathetic to the original building.
SOLUTIONS & SUCCESSES:
- The use of solar power, maximum use of natural light.
- The bay and overhanging roof constructed traditionally.
- Many of the internal features were salvaged and re-used.
- Much of the programme was carried out whilst the family were in occupation.