The brief included substantial remodelling of an existing historic doctors surgery. The client wanted us to reorganise the living space, create a more open plan living space, replace existing rear extensions with new modern extension, create a new master bedroom and repair and conserve the original structure.
- The key issues were that the house is in a Conservation Area.
- The staircase is very steep.
- The house construction was in poor condition.
SOLUTIONS & SUCCESSES:
- We removed the chimneystack at ground floor to open up the living space.
- We also created a new rear extension to contain the new staircase from lower ground to ground floor.
- The extensive areas of glazing to rear to make the most of the views.