The brief was for a new build community centre. We were asked to refurbish existing village hall, create a main hall to seat 300 people, liaise with and accommodate needs of many user groups and assist in the preparation of grant applications.
- The key issues of this project were that the design needed to fit in with the rural village location.
- The budgetary constraints.
- The application of sustainable agenda.
SOLUTIONS & SUCCESSES:
- The close collaboration between Cyma, client and project team.
- The sustainable design audit with the Interreg program improves the environmental impact of the building.
- The green oak weatherboarding reduces on going maintenance costs.
- The good natural day lighting reduces the running costs.
- The vaulted shape to the main hall provides very good acoustics.