Our brief is to redevelop an existing brown field site in Ashford town centre. It involves the construction of six three-bed houses, the buildings to be designed to good environmental standards.
- Site in a Conservation area.
- Overcoming site parking restrictions.
- Providing adequate natural light into deep plan form.
Solutions & successes:
- The new building was designed to look like an authentic pair of Edwardian semis with a coach houseto the rear, but at the same time the buildings are designed as far as possible to best practice environmental standards given the constraints of the other design requirements.
- All new houses acheived a ‘B’ rating ‘very good’ status on their EPC test.