- Redevelop existing brown field site.
- Construction of six three bed houses.
- Buildings to be designed with good environmental standards.
- Site within conservation area.
- Exposed seaside location.
- Restricted eaves and ridge heights.
SOLUTIONS & SUCCESSES
- Very tight internal planning increased usable floor area.
- Individual high specification interior design.
- Buildings raise due to proximity to sea and under croft used for storage.
- Green oak frame construction enabled off site fabrication and quick on site erection of frame.
- Internal organisation of space and external elevations make the most of spectacular views.
- Garden landscaping and planting works with seaside climate and soil conditions.
- Modern vernacular fits in very well with character and context of the conservation area.